Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Bathroom, 2003-2007




For a slideshow with larger images go here.
Here's the rehab project, finished earlier this year ... Click CAPTIONS for more info.

First thing I did was hire Kevin (you see him in the slide show) to replace the yellow vinyl floor with mosaic tiles. At the same time I took out the old sink and replaced it with Home Depot's smallest pedastal sink -- this is a small bathroom!

I took out the awful wood mirror and towel racks and put in some basic Home Depot supplies. Then earlier this year I picked up a mirror from Restoration Hardware (hint: if you complain about minor scuffs they'll give you 20 percent off!). I tore out all the walls up to about 5 feet and put drywall over the wall with the sink on it -- then painted that. Kevin entered the scene again at that point and put up the backerboard and tile. Et voila! The whole project (phase 2) cost about $3,000. It took me probably two weeks to get that wall out and put up the drywall. Oh yeah, and I taped and drywalled over the ceiling, which was peeling. Whew. Glad that's done!