Saturday, September 8, 2007

Progress

The girls are halfway done painting their dressing room. I thought they'd finish up today but they decided first thing to go for a walk and were gone til 4:30, and by then it was too late to get started, so they'll probably finish that up next weekend. Meanwhile, I bought a little desk off Craigslist last weekend and turned the second -- unused -- room on the second floor into a writer's nook.

Also, a coffee table update. Since I couldn't figure out what kind of wood it was I just said what the hell, and put mahogony stain. Came out pretty good. I also shaved about an inch and a half off of the legs with my bad ass reciprocating saw. I'm calling that project done and moving on.

I think I'm over the idea of taking the asbestos shingles off the house. Though it would only cost $700 to remove the shingles, it looks like there's no siding on underneath, so that could run up into the thousands. Poopy, I say. Maybe I'll just paint.

Also, the idea of a dormer, briefly flirted with, is out. The lady at the local construction company says that could cost (cough) $60,000.

I'll stick with the little projects, I guess.

2 comments:

freda said...

finally, a picture of you, you look good.

freda said...

ps. I love my reciprocating saw too, and my power screw driver. (more power)